French authorities have identified 10 previously unknown victims in their investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's network, bringing the total number of complainants to nearly 20 and signaling a significant expansion of the probe.
French authorities have identified 10 previously unknown victims in their investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's network, bringing the total number of complainants to nearly 20 and signaling a significant expansion of the probe.

French prosecutors have identified about 10 new suspected victims in their widening investigation into the network of deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The development, announced Sunday by Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau, brings the total number of women who have approached investigators to around 20 and injects fresh momentum into a probe examining potential sex trafficking and financial crimes by Epstein's associates in France.
"It’s not just one thread to get out of this labyrinth, this Epstein network," Beccuau said on French television. "It’s several threads we have to follow through extraordinary, labyrinthine networks. So, a victim is interviewed, gives names, and we re-examine those names."
The expanded inquiry was launched after the U.S. Justice Department released a new batch of documents related to Epstein in January. French magistrates are now sifting through communications logs, address books, and computer files linked to the financier, who owned a luxury apartment near the Arc de Triomphe. Investigators are prioritizing interviews with the alleged victims, some of whom live overseas and will be brought to France to provide testimony.
The revived probe refocuses attention on Epstein's connections within the French elite and his alleged accomplices. The investigation is re-examining files related to Jean-Luc Brunel, a modeling agent and close Epstein associate who died by suicide in prison in 2022, and Gérald Marie, former head of Elite Model Management. The outcome could lead to new charges and further international cooperation as authorities map the full extent of the trafficking network.
The investigation centers on whether offenses were committed on French soil or involved French individuals who may have facilitated Epstein's alleged crimes. Five investigating magistrates have been assigned to the case. Authorities have indicated they will seek international cooperation as the inquiry expands, with some victims living abroad having already been examined.
The case has once again cast a spotlight on individuals formerly linked to Epstein's network in France. Besides Brunel and Marie, who has denied all allegations against him, another suspect, Daniel Saad, is also under investigation in Paris for claims that he helped recruit young victims for Epstein. So far, no individuals who could be implicated in the expanded case have been questioned, Beccuau said.
Epstein's activities in France came under renewed scrutiny following the release of millions of files from the U.S. Justice Department's investigation earlier this year. The disgraced financier, who had extensive links to powerful figures worldwide, was arrested in the U.S. in 2019 on charges of sex trafficking minors. He was found dead in his Manhattan jail cell before his trial, with U.S. authorities ruling the death a suicide.
The French probe had initially begun in 2019 with a search of Epstein's Paris apartment. The latest developments suggest a significant escalation, driven by the new testimony and the trove of data released by American authorities, as French investigators work to dismantle the remnants of his international network.
This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.